Register and Setting up a UK Limited Company

Login / Register Company Formation Packages LLP Incorporations Why Choose Us Free Business Banking Ready Made Companies Regent Street Services Dormant Company Formation Apostille and Notary Services Certificate of Good Standing Company Dissolution Company Name Change Company Registers Company Restoration Services Company Seals & Wafers Dormant Company Accounts Renewals VAT Registration
Company Formations Just Became Easier!
1. Company Directors can protect their home address details.
2. You are no longer required to have a Company Secretary.
Feedback :
Comp Faqs Vicky. Thank you for all the help and support you gave me in forming my first company. Your patience and understanding was far and above what I normally receive when buying online. George, Brighton.      

Company Officers


Directors and Secretary

Company officers is the name usually given to the directors and the secretary of an incorporated business. They are officers of the company and following their appointment, are authorised to run and represent its affairs and interests.

A UK company must have the appropriate officers for covering all periods in which it is in existence. The register of directors and the register of secretaries must display at all times, the current and past occupants these positions.

Changing Company Officers

From time to time the company officers of a particular business entity might change; a director resigns or is appointed, a secretary changes their residential address and other such situations.

Any changes to the company officers or their details (as held by Companies House) must be reflected in the appropriate statutory records and the required submissions sent to the Register of Companies.

Forms AP01 and AP02 (formerly Form 288a) would represent the appointment of a new director or secretary. Form TM01 or TM02 (previously Form 288b) would be required if a company officer resigned their position and a Form CH01, CH02, CH03 or CH04 (or Form 288c if the change was prior to 1st October 2009) would record any changes to details held on the occupants of any of these positions.

In each case above, the correct form should be prepared, signed and sent to Companies House immediately following the change.

Email This Page  Print This Page

Free Company Name Search

Contact Details:
  +44 (0)2920 488 688
  +44 (0)207 1181 800

About Us
Contact Us
Getting Started
What You Receive
How to Form a Company
About Us
Site Search

Customer Comments