Of course, we will send you an acknowledgement for your initial order and confirmation when the dormant company accounts have been prepared, filed and accepted. Typically, the entire process can be completed within just a few hours.
The importance of submitting annual accounts on time to Companies House can not be overstated. Automatic fines come in to effect once the accounts become overdue by a single day. For private limited companies these penalties begin at £150 from day one and scale to £1500 if delivered six or more months late.
Can I use the Dormant Company Accounts Submission Service?
To be eligible to file dormant company accounts, the company in question must have had no financial transactions other than the initial distribution of its subscriber shares.
The share capital of the company must not have changed since the company was set-up. Any issue of new shares would negate the facility to file dormant company accounts.
Type of Company
Both companies limited by shares and by guarantee may file dormant company accounts electronically are able to use the Complete Formations service.
A Companies House authentication code is required for the electronic filing of dormant company accounts. For companies incorporated through the Complete Formations system, the code would normally be readily available (unless it has been changed).
For companies formed elsewhere it is still possible to use the Complete Formations dormant company accounts submission service as we will help you obtain an authentication code should you not already have one.
Terms & Conditions of Service
Declaration: By using this service you confirm that:
- The company has never traded since it was incorporated.
- The company is not a subsidiary of another company
- The only entry in the company’s financial records is the initial issue of shares made at the time the company was registered.
- As at the date the accounts will be made up to that the company was not a charity or Community Interest Company (CIC)
- The company is not preparing accounts adhering to International Accounting Standards (IAS)
By using this service, the directors declare that ALL of the following statements are true:
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts have been prepared in accordance with the provision applicable to companies subject to small companies' regime.
The Complete Formations filing service includes the preparation and submission of dormant company accounts. This does not warrant that the company is entitled to submit these types of accounts.
Complete Formations does not guarantee the acceptance of submitted accounts. We can not undertake that they will be delivered before any deadline unless an order acknowledgement is received 7 working days before the filing deadline and we have had a valid authentication code through this time.
The dormant company accounts service covers the filing of the statutory documents to Companies House. Correspondence with HMRC is not included although we can freely advise on how to inform them that your company is dormant.