On the basis that you are appointing a person as a director, secretary or shareholder, the following will provide guides for completing the remaining steps.
After clicking “continue” from the previous page, the screen shown here will be displayed.
The main points to note are as follows:
- All items which have a * next to them have to be completed before the company administration system will allow you to progress.
- The occupation of the appointee can be company director or secretary if they have no other main vocation.
- Where the person will be a subscriber (shareholder), the number of shares to be allotted to them should be placed in the box. Please note that this does not have to be the entire amount of authorised shares unless that is want you want to do. See the section on Changing Authorised Share Capital for further information.
- Where the appointment is for a director who is under the age of 16, supporting information would need to be sent with the formation application. Email email@example.com for details of what is required.
- The section on listing other director and secretarial appointments is not a mandatory disclosure. In instances where you choose to fill in this information and the number exceeds the five spaces, additional companies can be sent to Companies House with a covering letter.
Click on continue when all the required information has been included and checked.
The security question page which follows serves as the online signature of the appointee.
There are seven items to choose from the drop down box and of these, three must be selected and answered correctly.
The options are:
- Town of birth
- Telephone number
- National Insurance number
- Passport number
- Mother’s maiden name
- Eye colour
- Father’s first forename
To proceed to the next step once three of the above and been selected and answered, click on the continue button.
The location specified on this page should be the appointee’s usually residential address. It can not be a business location otherwise the company formation application will be rejected in its entirety.
Click on continue to proceed to the summary screen where all of the information entered will be displayed for you to perform a final check, after which, the submit button will enter these details on the pre-registration details page.
A confirmation message will be displayed and a link back to the pre-registration details page where further appointments can be made or other information entered.